1 ea. Alaska pollock block (16.5 lb.) 12 oz. chipotle chilies in adobo, canned
2 cups fresh lime juice
½ cup canola oil
½ cup sugar
2 Tbsp. Mexican oregano, dried
1 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. onion powder 2 tsp. garlic powder
1 gal. water
1 qt. (2 lbs. 4 oz.) diced green chilies, canned
1 qt. fresh cilantro, packed 2 Tbsp. onion powder
1 Tbsp. 1 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. 1 tsp. granulated garlic
½ cup canola oil
3 qts. (5 lbs. 4 oz.) medium grain brown rice
2 gal. black beans, canned, low sodium, with liquid
4 lbs. 8 oz. fresh pineapple, diced 1 lb. red onion, small dice
1 ½ cups fresh cilantro, chopped 3 ea. fresh jalapeño peppers, minced
1. Simply place each unwrapped frozen block into a 4-inch full-size hotel pan and slack out in the refrigerator overnight. If the block doesn’t quite fit down into the pan when frozen, it will drop down when it has slacked out.
2. Cover the hotel pan with parchment paper and then seal the pan tightly with foil. Bake in a pre-heated 425°F convection oven for 1 hour.
3. Remove the foil, reduce the oven temperature to 400°F, and bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature just reaches 165°F. Do not overcook.
4. Pour off any liquid from the pan.
Meanwhile, puree the chipotle chilies in adobo, lime juice, canola oil, sugar, Mexican oregano, salt, onion powder and garlic powder. Pour the chipotle lime sauce over the cooked Alaska pollock and break up until the sauce is evenly distributed while keeping the fish chunky. Hold hot at 135°F or higher.
Poblano Rice (yield 32 cups):
1. Puree the water, diced green chilies, cilantro, onion powder, salt and granulated garlic.
2. Heat a large braising pan over medium-high heat. Add the canola oil and the uncooked brown rice. Toast the uncooked brown rice, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat until some of the rice kernels brown and become opaque, about 5 minutes. Pour the green chili liquid into the toasted rice. Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook until the rice has absorbed the liquid, about 50 minutes. Hold hot at 135°F.
1. Place the black beans in a stock pot and bring to a low boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook to a minimum internal temperature of 135°F. Hold hot at 135°F.
2. Combine the diced pineapple, red onion, fresh cilantro, and jalapeño peppers. Hold cold at 41°F or below.
3. For each portion place ½ cup rice, ½ cup black beans, and 3 oz. chipotle lime Alaska pollock in a bowl.
4. Top with ¼ cup pineapple salsa.