4 ounces (115g) shredded cabbage
1 large carrot (about 4 ounces; 115g)
4 ounces chard (115g; about 5 leaves), stems removed
1 pound (450g) wild Alaska pollock
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/4 cup (7g) roughly chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup (7g) sliced scallions
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
1 tablespoon (15ml) sesame oil
2 teaspoons (10ml) fish sauce
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger, divided
1 teaspoon grated garlic
1 teaspoon grated lime zest
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup almond butter
3 tablespoons (45ml) olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons (30ml) freshly squeezed lime juice
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon (20ml) low-sodium soy sauce
12 ounces (340g) sweet potato noodles (store-bought or spiralized)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add cabbage, carrot, and chard to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely minced. Add wild Alaska pollock, flaxseed, cilantro, scallions, mint, sesame oil, fish sauce, 1 teaspoon grated ginger, garlic, lime zest, salt, and egg and pulse until finely chopped and combined.
3. Form mixture into approximately 34 meatballs and arrange on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through and evenly browned. Remove from oven.
4. Meanwhile, thoroughly clean the food processor bowl and make the almond butter sauce. Add almond butter, 2 tablespoons (30ml) olive oil, lime juice, soy sauce, and remaining 1 teaspoon grated ginger to the food processor bowl, along with 1/4 cup (60ml) water, and blend until smooth.
5. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon (15ml) olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add sweet potato noodles and sauté 4 to 6 minutes or until tender but still al dente. Remove from heat and toss with almond butter sauce. Top with wild Alaska pollock meatballs and enjoy.
Recommended beer pairing: Kona Longboard Lager
Recommended wine pairing: Columbia Crest H3 Cabernet Sauvignon