1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon allspice
¼ teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
16 ounces wild Alaska pollock fillets
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 beet, peeled and grated (about 1 ½ cups)
1 apple (green or red), cored and grated (about 1 ½ cups)
½ cup + 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
¼ cup crema
1 avocado, peeled and pitted
Tortillas, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, mix together the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, salt, pepper, oregano, allspice, cumin, and cayenne.
3. Pat the wild Alaska pollock dry, coat in olive oil, and toss in the spice mix to fully coat.
4. Arrange fish on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly, then flake apart into pieces.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the beet-apple slaw. In a bowl mix together the grated beet, apple, 2 tablespoons of the cilantro, and 1 tablespoon lime juice.
6. Prepare the avocado crema. Put the crema, avocado, and remaining ½ cup cilantro and 3 tablespoons lime juice into the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend until fully combined and smooth.
7. To serve, warm the tortillas and make tacos with the blackened Wild Alaska Pollock, beet-apple-slaw, and avocado crema.
Recommended wine pairing: Columbia Crest H3 Chardonnay
Recommended beer pairing: Kona Big Wave Golden Ale