· Crab Cakes:
o ¼ cup Avocado Oil Mayo
o 1 Egg
o 1 tbsp Dijon
o 1 tbsp Ketchup
o 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
o 1 tsp Hot Sauce
o Sea Salt / Fresh Black Pepper
o 2 cups Alaska Snow Crab Meat (From 2 lbs of Snow Crab Legs)
o 1 cup Panko Crumbs
o 2 tbsp Parsley, Finely Chopped
o 3 tbsp Avocado Oil, For Pan Frying
· Oil Aioli:
o ? cup Avocado Oil Mayo
o ½ Fresh Lime, Squeezed
o 1 tsp Sriracha
· For Garnish/ Serving:
o Lemon Wedges for Garnish
o Lettuce for servin
1. Start by preparing the snow crab. You can do this in advance and store the crab meat in the fridge if you wish. Bring a large pot to a boil with salted water. Add in all of the crab legs. Let it boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Once cooled, you will need to remove the crab meat from inside the shells (legs and center). It takes some time and you may need a hefty pair of scissors or a nutcracker. Once all the crab meat is removed, discard the shells.
2. Using a fork (or your hands), mash / break up the crab meat so it is “shredded”. You want the pieces to be smaller for the cakes. Set in a bowl and off to the side.
3. Now for the crab cake mixture. In a large bowl combine avocado oil mayo, Dijon mustard, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, egg and hot sauce. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add in crab meat, panko crumbs and chopped parsley into the bowl. Mix well. Use a spatula to mix and press on the mixture as you go to really get it to make stick together.
5. Scoop a small handful of raw mixture and make dense balls with your hands. Press well with your hands. Repeat to make 9-12 cakes.
Recipe Credit: Sari Diskin of Eat Well With Sari