3 whole pieces seasoned Alaska Kazunoko herring roe
20 g butter
2 tsp soy sauce
10 green Shiso leaves
2 Tbsp olive oil
Small amount of black pepper
180 g (1.6 mm) spaghetti
1. Cut half of a whole herring roe piece into 5 mm lengths and the other half into 2 cm lengths. Cut the Green Shiso leaves into fine strips.
2. Boil 2-liter water in a big pot, add 1 tbsp of extra salt and cook the spaghetti as instructed.
3. Put the butter, soy sauce and 3 tbsp of spaghetti-boiling water in a big bowl.
4. Put the spaghetti in the bowl and mix as the butter melts. Add herring roe, half the amount of Green Shiso strips and olive oil and mix.
5. Serve on plates, add the other half of Green Shiso strips and sprinkle black pepper if desired.