Just as it sounds
We are asking professional chefs to replace less healthy and less environmentally friendly beef, pork, lamb, or poultry for wild, natural and sustainable Alaska seafood.
- Identify a non-seafood protein dish that you regularly or seasonally menu or create an original recipe. It can be across any daypart, menupart.
- Replace it with one of Alaska’s many species of seafood, e.g. Chicken Picatta becomes Alaska Cod Picatta, Beef Sliders become Alaska Salmon Sliders, Spicy Beef with Sesame Noodles becomes Seared Spicy Alaska Sole with Sesame Noodles, Chicken Kebabs become Pistachio-Crusted Alaska Halibut Kebabs, Chicken Tortilla Soup becomes Alaska Snow Crab Tortilla Soup. You get the idea.
Alaska seafood species:
- Salmon – king, sockeye, coho, keta, pink
- Whitefish – pollock, cod, halibut, sablefish/black cod, rockfish, sole/flounder, surimi seafood
- Shellfish – crab (king, snow or dungeness), weathervane scallops, spot prawns